afraziaaaa
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 2,373, Level: 29 Points: 2,373, Level: 29 Points: 2,373, Level: 29
Activity: 18% Activity: 18% Activity: 18%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Whey Protein
afraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machine

Great advice from big swede. If it is fun, do it!

That said, I am not sure where you are at in your training "life" (beginner, intermediate, advanced) so take this with a grain of salt. I would start doing sets of 5 before I started doing singles. After I had done sets of 5 for a while, I would start incorporating triples. Going down to singles, you will be shifting your focus from volume to intensity based training which will condition your CNS and build strength more so than it will generate muscular hypertrophy. Perfect example, I put 150lbs on my deadlift this year doing singles (I was a deadlift noob and started training my deadlift at the beginning of the year), but I did not gain any weight while doing so while staying at pretty close to the same bodyfat% I started at.

I think it is fine to incorporate low volume/high intensity into a routine, but if you like what you are doing and you are making progress toward your goals, then there is no reason to change if your sole focus isn't strength.

I still bodybuild in the 6-15 rep range with assistance exercises though. Main lifts are kept to singles, doubles and triples with the occasional 5 in there.
afraziaaaa is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook