Uber Brawn
Points: 2,356, Level: 29 Points: 2,356, Level: 29 Points: 2,356, Level: 29
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: on and off 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift, Squats
Fav Supp: Phosflex
My Mood: Mellow
Adamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributorAdamite1114 is a dedicated contributor

It's a silent night in San Diego. A night of booze and other such things that can keep us going when the gyms aren't open this late and no one else is awake.

I keep the sailor Jerry's close and also the can of Copenhagen straight right next to me.

Why is it that we all drawn to this one sport, where the only opponent is ourselves? When I can beat myself I rejoice. And in the off times when I'm working towards a new PR I keep my buddy, my girl, and my sailors close to me. But it's this sport that can keep me growing. It's the hope that I won't give up on powerlifting like I've given up on so many things that keeps me going.

And I'm not here to bash us all, even I your one of those that have a few drinks every night, every week, or don't ever have a drink because you were lucky enough to start a family and make a career out of lifting.

I'm not here to brag to the fact that I'm only twenty and have been drinking since I'm thirteen. I'm here to show my appreciation to the God that's given me hope, the booze that's given me good times, and you: the community of powerlifting and of Muscle and Brawn that has helped me keep my sanity because the only passion I've truly had is lifting that 190 of my chest, or equating that 285 for the first time.

So this may be too personal and I may be too drunk. But I just wan you all to know that even though it's my roots in Jesus Christ that's kept me on this planet, it's weight lifting that has helped me keep this sanity. So here's to you Muscle and Brawn and the team, may we endure through our PR's and the meets we grow through together, whether it be through the forum, youtube footage, or just wearing the MAB t shirt underneath our singlet. Because it's not about winning; it's about overcoming (and you've all taught me that) (I raise my Sailor Jerry's) Cheers.
Adamite1114 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook