Dray
is squatting again! : )
Max Brawn
Points: 10,035, Level: 66 Points: 10,035, Level: 66 Points: 10,035, Level: 66
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: squat
Dray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master member

Doesn't sound like there's much of a reason to change anything, really.

But if you did at some stage, then I'd suggest checking out Paul Carter's routines, and Off Road's log as well (the percentages and stuff are in there somewhere). I think BtB has done a similar kind of training as well, at some stages, though I could be wrong there. Also, the actual "Beyond 5/3/1" routine (i.e., *not* a 5/3/1 variant) is not all that different, IIRC. And that was the only vaguely "5/3/1"-like thing I ended up liking at all, fwiw (doing squat, bench, and deadlift every session, three times a week, in my case).

Basically, you ramp up (after a few warmup sets of more than one rep) with singles, until you're at a given percentage, or perhaps you keep going higher if you're feeling very strong (depending on the routine in question), then drop down to a lower percentage for your actual working sets (e.g., 3x8 or whatever).

Well, that's the gist, but like I said, maybe check out those things if you're curious. And naturally, I'm not claiming that I know what's best for you (or even myself! ) - just some stuff I've seen, and also tried, that seems to be relevant to your question. Hope it's helpful in some way. Best of luck, whatever you decide.

My training log
Dray is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook