has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 3,252, Level: 35 Points: 3,252, Level: 35 Points: 3,252, Level: 35
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift/Squat
Fav Supp: Skittles
My Mood: Cheerful
Henry19 is a lifting beastHenry19 is a lifting beastHenry19 is a lifting beastHenry19 is a lifting beastHenry19 is a lifting beastHenry19 is a lifting beastHenry19 is a lifting beastHenry19 is a lifting beastHenry19 is a lifting beastHenry19 is a lifting beastHenry19 is a lifting beast
Default Henry's meet writeup

I just got back from my meet! Sorry I haven't been on here all week, I had one of the busiest weeks of my life with some days consisting of 8 hours of studying on top of classes and stuff.

I should have a video up sometime mid-week. In the meantime, here's my writeup:

Total: 1068
Lifts: 7/9
Place: 3rd place in 183 lb category (weighed in just under 167 lbs, 13 kids in my division)

I didn't worry about weight for this meet and didn't make an effort to cut weight. I wasn't great about resting up as I went out Friday night, was on my feet all afternoon yesterday at a football game, and then today I walked over a mile to make public transportation work. The meet was collegiate-only at Northeastern University and two of the judges were very tough on non-Northeastern kids, but I still managed to kill it.

Squat: Absolutely smoked my opener at 340. Smoked 370 next, but cut the lift a bit high according to the judges. That was really frustrating since I really buried my first lift. I did 374 next and got three white lights, but it was really ugly as I made sure to absolutely bury the depth. I had a substantial butt wink, but managed to good morning the weight out of the hole. This tied my squat from my August meet, but I know I definitely left at least 10-15 pounds on the platform I'll get next time.

Bench: I felt really positive after squat. I smoked 187 and 203 and went for a paused PR of 214.9 and got that as well. Hopefully my rotator cuff stays healthy for the next few months so I can finally make some serious progress on my bench. I'm definitely confident going forward now.

Deads: My back was GASSED after bench and my warmups didn't feel amazing, but I managed to regain my composure and pull my shit together probably due to Five Finger Death Punch and a heaping scoop of C4. I smoked 440 as my opener. After getting very psyched up to lift 479 as my second attempt, the guy calling weights called off the attempt for a misload. I was effing pissed given that I was in my killing mindset and dropped an f bomb-almost got my kicked out for that. I got a reattempt and nailed 479 at the end of the round of 2nd attempts. For my 3rd attempt, I went for the kitchen sink: a 501 deadlift. I locked out the lift, but unfortunately I had a slight hitch that I got red-lighted for.

Overall: I'm very happy with my performance given that I didn't peak for the meet or anything. My total's a 40ish pound PR from my last meet. I'm ecstatic about that PR especially since I feel like I left pounds on the platform with squats and deads.

6 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook
Members of Muscle and Brawn Forums have rated post 428055 as the most helpful. Skip right to it!