OMS
old man strength
New Brawn
Points: 634, Level: 12 Points: 634, Level: 12 Points: 634, Level: 12
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 7 months
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front Squat
OMS has made some quality postsOMS has made some quality postsOMS has made some quality postsOMS has made some quality postsOMS has made some quality postsOMS has made some quality postsOMS has made some quality postsOMS has made some quality posts
Default Shoulder problems..have I fixed it?

Since about 3 months ago when I started ramping up my intensity on bench press I began noticing a problem I've never had before, namely during my work sets my left shoulder felt slightly weaker and could not keep the bar even on the ascent. It got worse as my strength went up until it was bothering me sometimes when I slept.

So after doing some research and trying a few different things that didnt help it any at all I came across a simple exercise that I believe is called rotator cuff rotations. I started doing these before and post workout for the last 2 weeks and today for the first time the weakness was almost completely gone when I benched. I had also noticed the last few days it was not bothering me during sleep much at all.

I was extremely surprised this worked so well and so quickly, but its got me wondering if this is something (rotator cuff) thats going to be a continuing issue as I progress to ever heavier weights on bench press? Are any of you guys dealing with similar shoulder issues, how are you mitigating them?
OMS is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links