Dray
is recovering...
Max Brawn
Points: 10,100, Level: 67 Points: 10,100, Level: 67 Points: 10,100, Level: 67
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: squat
Dray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master member

I like cooking, but something had to give in recent times.

Have been getting into what amounts to stews, most of all. Hawt chili, navarin of lamb, etc., etc. Reason being, I can load up on cheap meat, and also, I find that things like stew varieties are very easy to eat a lot of. I am generally speaking not a huge fan of really dry foods, let's just say.

Never before have I got so much use out of the ol' dutch oven, or indeed, the oven at all really.

Another thing is chicken wings. Marinated, cooked with high heat, and served with a homemade wing sauce. These are dirt cheap, and offer about 50% meat (50% bone, too - good for stock, etc.), so still great value. Likewise, chicken portions "southern fried" at home, with a spicy tangy sauce, say. Usually something fresh to go with - a salsa, or whatever.

Catching our own fish helps too. Will have that any which way, whenever we can. Baked whole, deep fried with chips, etc., etc.

Eat a fair few poached eggs (4 every day) as well. On toast, with seasoning, and a bunch of grilled veges, like mushrooms and tomato, etc. That's breakfast, typically.

But it varies a lot, is the main thing. Meat (sometimes fish) and veges feature hugely, and eggs and dairy are also staples. The details, however, can and do change from day to day, week to week, season to season. Just been trying to find a balance between eating moar cheaply, so's I can eat moar - life has been expensive in other ways lately - and still eating well.

My training log

Last edited by Dray; 11-07-2013 at 08:00 PM.
Dray is online now   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook