Brawn
Points: 850, Level: 15 Points: 850, Level: 15 Points: 850, Level: 15
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: 6 yrs in 90's, 3 yrs now
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: iron
My Mood: Blah
Kroy is a consistent contributorKroy is a consistent contributorKroy is a consistent contributorKroy is a consistent contributorKroy is a consistent contributorKroy is a consistent contributorKroy is a consistent contributorKroy is a consistent contributorKroy is a consistent contributorKroy is a consistent contributorKroy is a consistent contributor

[QUOTE=BendtheBar;424298]I had this problem for a year. I had to get a buffalo bar to take the pressure off. My shoulders killed me because of my bulk. The buffalo bar made all the difference in the world.

First off, thanks to everyone for their responses. This forum is incredible, and I wish I had found this 2 years ago when I started training again.
In regards to the Buffalo I have 2 questions:
When I realized that I was going to have to go extra wide grip on the squat, I begged my gym to order me a long squat bar from EliteFTS, which they did. But we only have a slanted squat rack and not a power rack, (which im not sure makes a difference) but when I get under the bar and get my hands wide, my arms get caught under the pegs and I cant lift off. So my question is do you think I'd have the same problem with the Buffalo bar? (And of course now my gym will give me a hard time about ordering something else, so i'll have to buy it and sneak it in. Which wont be the first time.)
The second question is, did you have a hard time in the beginning getting your B. Bar squats to transfer to your regular squats? I had worked up to mid 600 Manta Ray squats, (which I always thought were harder than regs.) and then the first time I went back to regular bar, I struggled with 405, which caused me depression and cost me a lot of money in ice cream for a week.

On a similar note to the Manta Ray issue, I've had a lot of experience with "big 3" variations, not carrying over too well in the past, which I feel is a result of misusing and misunderstanding the Westside conjugate principals, especially with beginners and intermediates. I learned my lessons the hard way, but continually see guys making the same mistakes. Im new here so im not sure if this has been addressed before, and don't want to be redundant.
I hope Im not being too long winded, but I could talk/write about powerlifting all day. Thanks again.
Kroy is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook