Max Brawn
Points: 5,563, Level: 48 Points: 5,563, Level: 48 Points: 5,563, Level: 48
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: 12
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: FOOD
My Mood: Doh
Ramrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master member

On the Squat and Deadlift.. Form is Key in Big numbers...No room for bad form.. It will breakdown when shooting for PR's and such, but cheating reps is not smart on these.

Now on Rows, Curls, ISO movements and even Bench at times... Cheating the last rep or two.. To a Degree.. Like on you last set and last rep or two... Swing just a little to get past a sticking point. Or on bench and doing touch and go's...

Also something I haven't seen mentioned.. These ae like tools on your belt.. No different then Super Sets or gaint Sets and so on. Aslong as you don't do it on every rep everyday.. your Fine. You can keep decent form and still "Cheat" a little.

It's a way of Overloading or taking the muscle to failure. Not much different then using Briefs, Knee Wraps, Rev Bands etc... if you think about...I just think these methods are smarter and safer way of getting to the same point.

Also for BodyBuilding you can get away with it more. As your weight is less and your reps are higher. Talking about 10-12 reps and trying to squeeze out that 13th rep.. For Powerlifting.. Cheating on 1-3 Reps just shouldn't be an option. Form Breaking down isn't Cheating, but doing it on purpose with close to PR weight is DUMB.

Last edited by Ramrod; 11-05-2013 at 01:51 AM.
Ramrod is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook