Max Brawn
Points: 2,065, Level: 27 Points: 2,065, Level: 27 Points: 2,065, Level: 27
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Greek Yoghurt with honey
My Mood: Lurking
TobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
I like using Reg Park style 5x5 progression in either a A/B split or fullbody format. Ramping works quite well and has a proven track record.

Run the program, and get a working knowledge of how the progression feels, and then you can adjust and tweak as you need. It's really just about understanding that progression slows down, and you need to give yourself time to get stronger.

It's often talked about here that progression is king, or to keep pushing for progression. What needs to be understood, is that progression for a beginner is different than for an advanced lifter.
I'm not a particularly advanced lifter. I would say I'm an intermediate. I can bench 275lbs for a couple of reps, squat about 300lbs (squat is weak as i only started squatting less than a year ago) and deadlift around 370lbs. I can still make linear gains.

"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." – Socrates

"I never saved anything for the swim back."

"Compound exercises, kids! Compound exercises!"
TobesLCFC is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook