Max Brawn
Points: 2,065, Level: 27 Points: 2,065, Level: 27 Points: 2,065, Level: 27
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Greek Yoghurt with honey
My Mood: Lurking
TobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributorTobesLCFC is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Those are 2 exercises I tend to cheap on, so good question.

For curls I tend to start strict and use more english on the second or third set. There is nothing inherently wrong with straight cheat curls as long as they are performed with controlled aggression and not with such horrible form that you risk injury.

For standing calf raises I tend to rock a bit on the last few reps to cap off a set.
I saw this video by bios3training (don't know if you've heard of him) but he said doing stuff like partial bench presses is pretty good for improving control of negative reps. Like the Spoto Press. What do you think of this? It makes sense but then again you might as well to full ROM

"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." – Socrates

"I never saved anything for the swim back."

"Compound exercises, kids! Compound exercises!"

Last edited by TobesLCFC; 11-04-2013 at 11:12 AM.
TobesLCFC is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook