Wants more milk!
Max Brawn
Points: 4,093, Level: 40 Points: 4,093, Level: 40 Points: 4,093, Level: 40
Activity: 24% Activity: 24% Activity: 24%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Milk
My Mood: Tired
OHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beastOHDL is a lifting beast

I personally have found im stronger when using good form, I used to squat just to parallel and do anything to get the bar up which usually was a weird good morning thing since ive worked on form im far stronger and more confident. Also my lower back is far healthier. Then again if im squatting and need an extra rep and i know form is gonna breakdown im going for it anyway.

I see what you're saying though, most people do this breath in and count to 3 on the way down and breath out and count to 3 on the way up BS. But this crap is taught by a lot of personal trainers who have no idea what they are talking about! I once saw an elderly women in the gym for her first time and the PT had her doing calf raises on the leg press

With the rows, i much more prefer pendlay rows then 45 degree rows. They hit my back far better and dont cause lower back pain! Id suggest giving them ago even if its your light workout! Leave you're ego at the door. I was 45 degree rowing around 75 kg but they were hurting my back so i deloaded too 60 kg pendlay rows now im pendlay rowing 83 kg ( yes its not that much ) easy, my back has defiantly grown and it has nice carryover to the deadlift IMO. Though im not always strict on these its harder to cheat compared to traditional rows.

Just my 2 cents as they say

George Leeman and Pete Rubish do cheat rows but they are more cheat pendlay rows and these dudes are STRONG and in there early 20's!!

- Christopher Hitchens
OHDL is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook