CountryFriedMuscle
CountryFriedMuscle
has no status.
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,705, Level: 24 Points: 1,705, Level: 24 Points: 1,705, Level: 24
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Log Press
CountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood View Post
Nice work in here, how do you like the cube method?

I have heard good things
I think it is a very good method if you are looking for something with more variation than a typical western periodized routine but like sticking near the main lifts. I also think success with this method really depends on hitting variations of the competition lifts with some pretty seriously volume after the main work. During this cycle, it was not uncommon for me to do the cycle work and then an additional 4 to 6 sets of hard squats.

One thing I will say is that I really liked the rotation of emphasis on the lifts. It kept me feeling fresh and ready on the heavy days. I also liked to change the explosive days a bit, deviating from Lilly's advice. For instance, I would do beltless pause squats, deadlifts with no belt, and close grip benches with extremely long pauses to make the explosive days harder.

Honestly, a very good method all in all, and one I enjoyed quite a bit. If you are interested in it, I would recommend giving it a go.
CountryFriedMuscle is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook