LindenGarcia18
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 7,647, Level: 58 Points: 7,647, Level: 58 Points: 7,647, Level: 58
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
My Mood: Happy
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
Linden - I really think you need to stop right now thinking too much of where you "should" be. If I thought that way, I would have quit lifting a very long time ago. There are lots of numbers I "should" be hitting right now, but I am not. It doesn't mean I have been slacking or inconsistent. My body is just taking perhaps a bit longer to get there than maybe it "should" be. So fucking what. What matters is that I will get there. I set all my goals for health 10 years ago, and I finally reached them all in the past few months. I set my goal to pay off my mortgage 18 years ago, and it has now happened. It took me 2 years longer to get my 5PPS deadlift than it should have.

You have to have fun along the way to your goals and have faith in the process. I guarantee you you will eventually achieve them if you want it bad enough.

Additionally, you don't realize how much you love to lift and live life until its almost taken away from you.

I have been thru the "want to quit" stage. I think we all have at some point. I think it's fate really that keeps us going.

Good points, thanks Jim.

I don't want to quit by any means, I'm just suffering from allot of de- motivation.

I hear what you're saying, will take it on board.

Thanks again
LindenGarcia18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook