Thread: Q&A with BBOD
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 09:17 PM   #1002
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,360,283, Level: 100 Points: 1,360,283, Level: 100 Points: 1,360,283, Level: 100
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shep View Post
Alright Steve,I've got a few questions...
Glad to help.

Quote:
Is it ok to take a full week off training every few months or is it better to deload?
Deloading is overused and misused. Because of Wendler's you have guys taking frequent time off from the gym when it's really not needed.

It's best to take a week off every 8-12 weeks or when you feel you are battered, beaten down and need some recovery time.

Quote:
If it's deload,how much less than I normally do? Also if I take a week off,do I need to eat as much?

I usually take a week completely off from the gym. You could also go it and do either 60% of your volume, 60% of your intensity, or both.

Eat the same way. You are repairing and growing stronger during this time as your fatigue levels are improving. You don't want to change anything.

Quote:
As much as I love Deadlifts,I can't do them or any variation without pain in my SI joint. I've been doing Hang Cleans for sets of 5 and t bar rows for sets of 10. Plus I squat for sets of 5. Are these good substitutes?
Your first focus for back training should be 2-fold:

1) Heavy row variations.
2) Heavy pull down/pull up variations.

After that cleans are a great choice.

Quote:
What's the difference between shrugs and power shrugs?
Shrugs are usually light weight, touchy feely bodybuilding things that do little for your traps. Unless you;re suing steroids.

Power shrugs are heavy and explosive. The traps are a strong muscle group. They need to be challenged and power shrugs are one of the best ways.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook