Thread: Q&A with BBOD
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 10:20 PM   #990
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,354,670, Level: 100 Points: 1,354,670, Level: 100 Points: 1,354,670, Level: 100
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFriedMuscle View Post
Yes it does, the gist of it is you rotate emphasis on each of the lifts week to week. So first week would be heavy squat, explosive bench, repetition deadlift. The next would be explosive squat, rep bench, heavy deadlift. 3rd week would be rep squat, heavy bench, explosive deadlift. And then it all starts over. There is a specific outline of % 's to follow for each of the week over a 9 week cycle, but it can also be done just using the "idea" of the day. Honestly, I think he just needs a bit more bench volume to make it work.

I have been hitting PR's on all 3 lifts, most of them substantial. He has been hitting really solid PR's on squats and deadlifts, but his bench just doesn't seem to be improving. He believes its due to lack of volume/frequency.
Most times the best approach is to try and get his chest, shoulders and triceps as strong as possible.

If I were you I would ask to do the Cube for the main lifts, and then structure the assistance work in a conjugate style.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook