CountryFriedMuscle
CountryFriedMuscle
has no status.
Brawn
Points: 1,077, Level: 17 Points: 1,077, Level: 17 Points: 1,077, Level: 17
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: SQUAT
CountryFriedMuscle is a consistent contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a consistent contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a consistent contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a consistent contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a consistent contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a consistent contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a consistent contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a consistent contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a consistent contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a consistent contributorCountryFriedMuscle is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCStrong View Post
I just added front squats to my routine, today. Compared to my low back squat I lift like a little girl.....

Question One : What is the correct bar position? Even with light weight, I was killing my shoulders.

Question Two: What is a good target ration ( or typical ratio) of weight lifted on back versus front squats?
Example- Hypothetically,if I can lift 250 for 5 on low back then what should my goal be on front squats?
Signed,
Weak and confused in Texas

I am by no means an expert, but typically you want the bar to sit across your delts so that's its neither falling forward, but also not restricting your breathing. It is very important to keep the bar high enough up that you can keep your thoracic spine extended and not just dump the weight forward.

Also, it can vary quite a bit based on personal leverages, stronger vs weaker muscle groups, and how you back squat. I use a fairly upright squat style, a moderate stance with lots of quad in the lift. Therefore, my front squat is fairly close to my back squat. I think that generally, 75-80% of your back squat is a good goal.

Last edited by CountryFriedMuscle; 10-22-2013 at 08:18 AM.
CountryFriedMuscle is online now   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook