Thread: Q&A with BBOD
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 08:57 PM   #962
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,543,160, Level: 100 Points: 1,543,160, Level: 100 Points: 1,543,160, Level: 100
Activity: 52% Activity: 52% Activity: 52%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TobesLCFC View Post
Dear BBOD ,
What is your opinion of the RPE scale? Is it useful for progression? I saw this video by Ice Cream Fitness where he basically details how he trains and how others can train for there strength and aesthetic goals without a program.
There are many variations on this same theme. I push every set until I feel like I might fail on the next rep. When I am doing heavy, advanced work, I add 5 pounds when a weight feels manageable.

RPE is just a fancy way of quantifying set difficulty. It's nothing I care for, but if it works, use it.

I don't believe in training without a program. I don't have time to watch Jason's video, but I will say that 99% of lifters need structure so they have defined goals. It's hard enough for the average lifter to make gains as it is.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 10-19-2013 at 11:04 AM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook