Thread: Q&A with BBOD
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 10:37 AM   #953
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,545,593, Level: 100 Points: 1,545,593, Level: 100 Points: 1,545,593, Level: 100
Activity: 51% Activity: 51% Activity: 51%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renton View Post
Hey BBOD love your youtube videos. I had a question about the behind the neck press. Do you think it's more effective then the front press for developing the middle delts? I've read so many different things on it being dangerous and wondered if it's worth including.
Thanks Renton!

I only take the BTN to the point where arms are parallel to the ground. I know several other lifters who use this standard, and have not heard of anyone having an issue with it.

With pressing exercises, the further back or down your elbows go, the greater the amount of stress placed upon the shoulders.

In this video i am doing rest-paused work with 230 on the BTN. Notice that I limit how deep my arms go. I take the bar to about ear level, or to the back of my head.

Now, are they more effective for middle delts? I think so. With the bar in front the lift is a little more front delt focused.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook