View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 09:45 AM   #23
glwanabe
glwanabe
has no status.
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Butt View Post
Something I'd like to point out is that Reg Park rarely did Deadlifts for any amount of time himself. Park had a long-running history of minor lower back problems since he was a teenager, so he favoured the "quick lifts" such as Power Cleans and High Pulls in his own personal training rather than Deadlifts. By the early-to-mid 1950s he recommended that experienced trainees only work up to one top set of Deadlifts and that should be done only once or twice a week - not three times as the routine seems to imply. It looks to me as though this routine came from possibly an old Reg Park Journal and the original presenter left out the special considerations Park added in about the Deadlifts, or the details just got lost over the years.
Thanks for adding that point Casey.

There is another routine of his where he specifies 3x5 on the deadlifts, but the first two are warmups, with only the one working top set. I've used that configuration before and It works well. It still leaves enough room to get a few BB rows sets completed in the same workout.

I also really like the inclusion of high pulls, and front squats in the same session.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook