View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 12:21 PM   #4
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,482,261, Level: 100 Points: 1,482,261, Level: 100 Points: 1,482,261, Level: 100
Activity: 44% Activity: 44% Activity: 44%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Squats look strong. Your back and elbows look like they stay tight out of the hole and you are staying upright even on those grinders.

Wide stance is a personal thing. I suck at it, so I won't comment.

I do my warmups as paused reps. This is something you may want to try if you give paused a shot.

Your quads look decently sized. I am always a big proponent of getting them as strong as possible through squats, leg presses or whatever.

Deads I see your head lingering neutral while pulling. You want to see it driving back in concert with your hips driving forward. These are two planes that run in opposite directions that control how quickly the body stands. It kind of floats up, and then moves back after near-lockout.

You can kind of tell how I focus on speed generation with the head and hips here:

Obviously on those heavy singles your speed will slow down, but it's that focus on lockout speed during rep work that has really paid off for me.

I've had a lot of luck focusing on heavy 3 to 5" deadlifts. I seem to recover more quickly and can train at 85 to 90% more frequently. They might be worth a try.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook