Max Brawn
Points: 13,559, Level: 75 Points: 13,559, Level: 75 Points: 13,559, Level: 75
Activity: 38% Activity: 38% Activity: 38%

Training Exp: On and off for 15 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
My Mood: Doubtful
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I've switched completely to instinctual eating this year, but I only allow myself to eat something I didn't cook once a month. So far it's served me well.

It wouldn't fit a strict definition of low carb, but I do avoid pasta, rice, white poisons, etc. I eat watermelon, grapes or strawberries at night when I need something sweet.

The switch to 99% unprocessed foods has allowed me to eat whatever I want and still lose 34 pounds. It's easy to overeat calories with chips and salsa. Hard to overeat calories with green beans.
When you count calories and start to equate different foods with their caloric values you really start to see the value of clean eating. Sometimes I end up stuffing myself at the end of the day to get in my calories because I don't want to have too large a deficit too often.

But the problem is that people don't realize how much damage they can do with 1 or 2 really bad meals. I've been eating 2,000 calories a day, and some days I end up eating over 1000 calories for dinner because I've only had 1000 during the day. Conversely, I can eat 3-3500 calories easily in one sitting if I eat pizza or go to a Chinese buffet. In fact, I would find it extremely HARD to eat less than 1500 calories of pizza.

In the end, though, I think a more instinctual take on dieting by focussing on calories alone also has a huge psychological effect. Most people only really struggle on a diet because they are more aware of what they AREN'T allowed to have. Hell, I'm allowed to have whatever I want as long as I end up eating less than 2000 calories when the day comes to an end.
Goals-
Win.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook