Max Brawn
Points: 3,208, Level: 35 Points: 3,208, Level: 35 Points: 3,208, Level: 35
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Training Exp: since 5/15/13
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: buffet plate carry
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
My Mood: Mellow
TDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machineTDawg75 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb12 View Post
First off... welcome to MnB and how does your diet look and/or goals?
Thanks for the welcome!

My goals- Currently my primary goal is to break at least one state record in the men's SHW, age 40-44 class. (USAPL-raw) I turn 38 tomorrow, so I have a window of 2-7 years to make it there. Those records are my motivation to keep training, my hope is, during the process, to lose some weight and improve my overall health. I am concentrating on gaining strength and muscle for now. Once I break, or at least compete for, the records I will concentrate more on weight loss. I have to do it that way. If I concentrate on weight loss now, which will severely limit my strength progress, I WILL lose my motivation. Once I have a good strength base, it won't bother me much to lose a little strength.

My diet:
Typical daily food intake- I am on a very tight budget so what i eat may cause some folks to have a hissy.

I eat every 2-3 hours and try to get 8 meals a day in. Sometimes run out of daylight because I try to sleep 9 hours as well. * at a bare minimum.

Breakfast- protein shake-2 cups of 2% milk, 1 scoop of protein powder. I sometimes add 2tbsp of peanut butter. 46 grams of protein, 24 grams of carbs, 10 grams of fat.

Meal #2-turkey burger patty with 1 piece of cheese. 39 grams protein, 2 grams carbs, 6 grams fat

Meal #3-pork steak-38 grams protein, 2 grams carbs, 24 grams fat

Meal #4-turkey burger patty with 1 piece of cheese. 39 grams protein, 2 grams carbs, 6 grams fat

Meal #5-pork steak-38 grams protein, 2 grams carbs, 24 grams fat

Meal #6- will be whatever the wifey cooks for dinner. I try to get at least 35 grams of protein and eat plenty of carbs. I figure this meal to be around 1000-1500 calories. They are homecooked meals, though. Meat and vegetables.

Meal #7- Either a turkey burger or a pork steak. Depends on my mood.

Meal #8 I have another protein shake right at bedtime-protein shake-2 cups of 2% milk, 1 scoop of protein powder. 46 grams of protein, 24 grams of carbs, 10 grams of fat.

If I skip a meal, it will be #7. I eat 2 packs of ramen noodles with one of my meals during the day, but which meal varies from day to day. I have started buying #10 cans of pineapple at Costco and eating three separate one-cup servings of that a day as well. I am debating on buying potatoes and trying to have baked potatoes in place of some of the ramen noodle servings, but I don't know if I have the time. (work 2 jobs and go to school at night plus working out)

The weekends aren't quite the same. I eat the same number of meals, but they are somewhat different. More or less cheat days(not "off the rails" cheat days, just a break from the same food every day through the week)
TDawg75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook