Old 09-22-2013, 01:57 PM   #25
5kgLifter
5kgLifter
loves teddy bears...
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Checkers Champion! Mario Kart Extreme! Champion! NG Holdem Champion! Javelin Champion! Mouse Batting Champion! Keno Champion!
Training Type: Other
My Mood: Cynical
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis View Post
This is probably the worst article I could have ever read. I'm not saying it's bad, but now it has given me more reason to drink. In fact, it's almost happy hour...

http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/201...e-rip-and.html

What are your thoughts? Personally, I'd like to say alcohol can certainly have a good effect on training, but I have nothing to back it up rather than I like to drink. I will say though, I often tend to get very lazy when I go on drinking binges and have missed workouts because my mind is on drinking rather than training first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
It's not about drink per se, this is a comment made by the author of the article, further down the page of the link above:

"Are you guys really not understanding the point of this post, or are you just angry as fuck? I was straightedge until I was 27, if I helps. I've lived on both sides of the fence.

Once more, it's not that drinking is essential to lifting success- it's that risk taking behaviors, drinking being among them, are an indicator of the type of personality that will succeed in strength sports. Additionally, drinking will not derail your efforts in the gym, as so many Americans will posit.
"

It's not about drinking it's about the risk taking behaviours indicating personalities...in relation to strength sports, as viewed by the author.

Share with Facebook