Uber Brawn
Points: 1,621, Level: 23 Points: 1,621, Level: 23 Points: 1,621, Level: 23
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 1 yrs
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: squat
Fav Supp: creatine, beta-alanine
My Mood: Lurking
mohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributormohiz is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
Am I the only one that doesn't drink around here?

IMO, many people will say anything to justify drinking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser
Nope. I don't drink at all. I like my state of consciousness how it is
I don't drink either. I actually used to drink though, and I didn't think it was affecting my progress, but looking back, it did quite a lot. I would miss workouts due to being hung over and my diet was a mess because I was eating correctly during the day and then getting wasted in the evenings. Then I quit training for a few years and started drinking even more heavily, got fat and out of shape etc. so that really ruined my gains, lol.

Now that I'm sober and training again, I've noticed that I make strength gains so much easier. In addition, no missed workouts, perfect diet and feeling good all the time Even my joints and tendons seem to recover much faster, even compared to the times when I used to "only" drink one night a week.

Note that I don't have anything against the drink or people who do drink, but it's just personally not suited for my character type. I'm a person that does everything either 0% or 110%. Given the choice of alcohol vs. training, I'd choose the latter every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis
I like beer, and I like whiskey. I don't know why. I don't know why I feel compelled to drink. The thought of coming home any afternoon with a 12 pack makes me happy. The act of listening to metal and drinking whiskey makes me feel powerful, but not in a reckless way. Drinking it makes me happy. It's how it can effect my mood that makes me dislike it.
I know exactly what you mean. Drinking can be so much fun but like everything else, it has its downsides as well.

***Current goals***
- Get to <10% BF

Last edited by mohiz; 09-22-2013 at 02:16 AM.
mohiz is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook