Max Brawn
Points: 10,431, Level: 67 Points: 10,431, Level: 67 Points: 10,431, Level: 67
Activity: 47% Activity: 47% Activity: 47%

Training Exp: 3.5
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Chicken breast
My Mood: Tired
fenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I would like to see you do 3 things:

1) Get Versa Gripps, work your barbell rows to at least 315x5+ reps and one arm dumbbell rows to 160 x 10 reps. No babying. These are powerful movements.

2) 3 to 5" inch heavy deadlifts at least every other week for 1 to 2 years. I trained them exclusively for 2 years, really helped my lockout.

3) Low rack pull and shrug combo. This movement teaches you to pull explosively and can't be faked.

Do those for a year and report back.
I have versagripps, love them! I neglected rows and have recently added a day of training every other week or so just for rows and Kroc rows. I admit freely my rows need work.

What do you mean 3-5" deads? From blocks?

When would you fit in low rack pull and shrugs on a 4 day, dead, ohp, squat, bench split?

I kind of realized that most everybody who fails a deadlift does so in first few inches.
fenrisulfr is online now   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook