Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
My Mood: Cheeky
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD5NFW View Post
Looking good Mike! I've really slowed my squat reps to concentrate on all the form cues!
That's not what I meant. I still do my reps pretty fast because I'm better that way. I mean that the weights I am doing are fairly easy, so I don't have that emotion going that kind of clouds my mind during the rep. Usually, I'm doing warmups without a ton of thought, then up around 80-90% I start to get that oh sh*t feeling creeping in and the reps are more like hurry up and get them over with before I die!

With these weights, there's no "oh sh*t" feeling, but they do get kind of hardish around the 5-8th sets, so I do have to work fairly hard there but my mind is clear so I can feel where I am at and what I should be doing. If that makes sense.

Anyway, rolling right along. Missed yesterday dealing with a hornet's nest that was tunneling into the house! Scared the crap out of me I don't mind telling you. Damn tough to get to sleep last night too! Still, there you go. They're all dead now and life is back to normal. (I hope).

Very pleased with today. After 8 sets of deadlifts Friday, I turned around and did 8 more today. Well chuffed with that. Makes me realize I can do a lot of volume each week on deadlifts much more easily than I thought I could.

Week 2, day 1

warmups: 4 sets of swings

Squat:
6x 5x 240 (109Kg)

Bench:
7x 6x 175 (80Kg) all paused, dead easy*
ss w/ AMAP strict pullups: 2, 2, 2, 2, 1, -1, -1 (held the negative on last two)

Deadlift:
8x 5x 245 (111Kg)

50 yd Hills: 2

*Bench is very easy, hardest thing is staying tight for the whole set and not spasming my back which might interfere with deadifts. That said, I am going to keep these on track and not bump the weights just yet as I am noticing I am getting much better at staying tight through the set, or if I lose tightness, getting it back before the next rep. I think this will be very beneficial in the long run. We'll see.

Pullups are pathetic as usual, but I'm just going to plug away at them and as I lose weight that will help. They are a great superset with bench though as I like the way it keeps my creaky shoulder from coming unglued.

Going to finish every workout with as many hills as possible. Today was only 2, but other days will hopefully be better and the deadlift volume today makes the ole low back a bit stiff and clunky trying to run.

ANyway, good stuff. There you go. Onward and upward.

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook