View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 09:38 PM   #10
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,545,593, Level: 100 Points: 1,545,593, Level: 100 Points: 1,545,593, Level: 100
Activity: 51% Activity: 51% Activity: 51%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

There might be some large boned guys that might be able to pull it off. I have yet to see it though.

Having been in the industry, met most of the big names and seen many contests, you rarely find anyone under 15% with over 18 inch arms. Most of the guys that claim size have much higher bodyfat than they think. They believe they are lean, but are not.

I have 19" arms when I am big, 17.5" when I am 20% bodyfat, and about 16.75" when I am very lean.

My main point was that every Tom, Dick and Harry claims they have 20" arms, or a friend has 20" arms, yet when asked for a picture they disappear.

Quote:
What's your opinion?

Having studied a lot of the research, the simplest method I have to guestimating potential arm size naturally is to add 10 inches to your wrist. This would be a good relatively lean goal. At 25% you might add 11" to your wrist size, and maybe up to 12 or 12.5" for 40% plus bodyfat.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook