Sasquats
Uber Brawn
Points: 4,318, Level: 41 Points: 4,318, Level: 41 Points: 4,318, Level: 41
Activity: 23% Activity: 23% Activity: 23%

Training Exp: 10
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Creatine Monohydrate
bigalfry is a dedicated contributorbigalfry is a dedicated contributorbigalfry is a dedicated contributorbigalfry is a dedicated contributorbigalfry is a dedicated contributorbigalfry is a dedicated contributorbigalfry is a dedicated contributorbigalfry is a dedicated contributorbigalfry is a dedicated contributorbigalfry is a dedicated contributorbigalfry is a dedicated contributor

In terms of women and serious lifting - most just haven't tried it. They've still got that "I don't want to get too bulky" complex going on. I told my wife that it's not possible unless she's a generic freak woman with high test levels and told her to look up some female powerlifters to prove it. She saw her fair share of sexy, shapley female PLs and was convinced that she wouldn't turn into some dude with a vagina from lifting heavy and tried out a workout with me.
She is now hooked. She's lifting more than she ever dreamed she could and realising her strength is doing wonders for her self esteem (and will also do wonders for the weight she wants to lose once she gets her eating cleaned up). She now scoffs at women "working out" with the puny 5lb dumbbells right along with me. We both can't perceive anyone picking up those tiny things, doing 20 reps, not breaking a sweat and thinking to themselves "that was a good workout". I guess that also comes down to the whole exercising vs training thing but I digress.
Words can't describe how happy and proud I am to have a wife who is right there deadlifting and squatting right along side me. I should probably mention that she's always been a bit of a tomboy so she's probably more open to lifting heavy than most women would be.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Share with Facebook
Members of Muscle and Brawn Forums have rated post 406022 as the most helpful. Skip right to it!