View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 09:53 PM   #13
BigJosh
BigJosh
"the Grinder"
Max Brawn
Points: 10,921, Level: 69 Points: 10,921, Level: 69 Points: 10,921, Level: 69
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Monster Memory Champion! Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion! Wheel Of Fortune Champion! Portal Champion! SpongeBob's Pizza Toss Champion! Bumper Cards Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! NBA Spirit Champion! Torino 2006 Curling Champion! Ultimate Football Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
My Mood: Cool
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
While I agree, we already know from his last thread that he's actually been gaining weight consistently. Remember, his goals at this point are aesthetic. He's using strength as a way to get a look, so pure strength itself isn't his actual aim.
Quite frankly i don't think it matters whether his goals are aesthetics or not. He is trying to gain muscle. An effective tool for gaining muscle (especially as a beginner) is strength progression.
Second, whether his goal is "pure strength" (as opposed to impure strength?) Or not,a fall off in strength levels can and should be used as an indicator of a potential problem.
And while it is not the only potential cause, not eating enough could maybe be the problem. It is just as likely as any of the other causes that have been brought up.
Your logic is flawed if you believe someone with a goal of mass gain shouldn't be concerned with strength and that a stall in strength gains can't be an indicator of potential issues that could also effect mass gains.
On top of that his question in this thread is directly concerning strength, so I don't understand why you felt the need to single me out and act as if my advice to him regarding strength is not relevant.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook