Max Brawn
Points: 23,982, Level: 94 Points: 23,982, Level: 94 Points: 23,982, Level: 94
Activity: 91% Activity: 91% Activity: 91%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
My Mood: Happy
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

I certainly don't have an issue with people who drink responsibly, which I am sure most if not all our members do here.

Unfortunately tho, I grew up in a home where both parents were alcoholics. I have seen and lived it all. My mom did quit when I was about 9 or 10. The memories of it all are so profound, I remember every bit of it all, and little of anything else when I was that young. Throughout my mom's recovery thru AA, she became a mentor and a hero to many who also wanted to quit. It was a great to see that all, despite a few suicides, including my best friends dad, who shot himself minutes after I left the house after playing with my friend.

My dad never did quit, and the abuse continued on until his death in 2005. he directed all his rage at me, since he never accepted me as his son, which is also to blame on the bottle. the power of alcohol is that strong.

yep, seen it all.

Fortunately, me and my 2 siblings took the path of hating booze and never became drinkers, although I did turn to it in my late 30's and then subsequently quit on my 40th birthday.
Bench: 253 lbs
Deadlift: 463 lbs
Total: 1119 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 290 lbs
Deadlift: 510 lbs
Total: 1295 Lbs
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook