View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 05:01 PM   #1109
LtL
LtL
is loving life.
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 34,976, Level: 100 Points: 34,976, Level: 100 Points: 34,976, Level: 100
Activity: 23% Activity: 23% Activity: 23%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
My Mood: Cheerful
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

JByrd Squat Cycle Week 1

Cambered bar squats
Bar x lots x 2
Band stretches as hips were very tight. This continued through the next few sets.
60kgs x 5
80kgs x 5
100kgs x 5
Add belt
120kgs x 5
Add briefs
150kgs x 5 half squats
180kgs x 5 better but not depth
200kgs x 5 there or thereabouts
Add loose wrap
215kgs x 4 Hit depth on maybe 1 rep. First rep was OK, second I saw spots, third I was seeing more spots, fourth I was blacking out. This is due to the gear but also because I am losing upper back tightness. As I lean forward, I black out a little.

Reps in briefs and belt
160kgs x 8, 8 Was due one more set but was feeling so sick I had to take the briefs off

Was destroyed at this point but JB had ordered more squats!

Raw paused squats
No belt
80kgs x 5, 5, 5
Went lighter on weight and made sure I held a solid 3 count pause

JB warned me this would be hard. I miscalculated just how hard reps in gear are! Top set should have been 5 reps with 3 in the tank. I could have done those reps but the gear and losing my upper back arch had me almost passing out. No bueno.

This session was the closest I've come to losing my food in a long time. I also have a quad pump. This feels weird but I kind of like it

Back on Friday for bench press.
LtL is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook