Max Brawn
Points: 13,587, Level: 75 Points: 13,587, Level: 75 Points: 13,587, Level: 75
Activity: 39% Activity: 39% Activity: 39%

Training Exp: On and off for 15 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
My Mood: Doubtful
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
No one is saying that Power Cleans and Snatches should replace squats and deads.
And they really aren't that hard to learn. No harder than a squat or deadlift if you ask me. Have you ever done them? Just asking. Because seriously people make them sound harder than they really are. Especially power cleans. Shit just ain't that hard to do.

Maybe Maverick should be the judge of what he can and cannot do.
I was a weightlifter in high school. My personal best power clean was 275. I think the value of cleans and Olympic lifts in general are overstated. People think that Olympic lifts are the best way to develop explosive strength, but I whole heartedly disagree. They are the best way to get better at Olympic lifts, and the best way to make your joints bend ways they aren't meant to.

People claim that O lifts are good for developing coordination, but coordination drills or just playing ball-based sports are better. They claim that they are good for developing explosive strength, but squats and deadlifts performed explosively along with jumping drills are better. They say that they develop speed, but sprints are better. There's nothing that O lifts develop that can't be more effectively and more SAFELY developed in other ways.

I'm definitely not telling him he can't do them. I'll do some every now and then for fun, but I don't feel any need to include them in any program that ISN'T based on the actual sport of O lifting.
Goals-
Win.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook