Uber Brawn
Points: 3,301, Level: 35 Points: 3,301, Level: 35 Points: 3,301, Level: 35
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: About 8 Months
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: MILK
My Mood: Cool
#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
Run hills on all your offdays, and jump rope. Dont eat any fastfood and avoid sugars.
I got just the hill will start on this tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmalm123 View Post
I'm guessing your program is more of a mass/bodybuilder program...

Does your instructor only train you in technique? I did a sample KM class and we were doing fitness drills for most of the class.

Swede's right pointing you toward speed and endurance. If you want to train in a regular gym, there are good OLY lifts or even partial OLY lifts that will make you more explosive.

If you do plyometrics, remember that a little goes a long way.... don't work to exhaustion with them. Stop when or before your performance decreases.

A traditional boxing or wrestling training routine is more likely to have what you want. Weights are a great supplement and a bigger stronger guy has an advantage, but arm size doesn't win a fight. Speed, power, tenacity and endurance do...and a willingness to hurt your opponent.
I always do power cleans and compound exercises avoiding isolation exercises as much as possible and yes we do conditioning at krav, its pretty crazy and i want to work on my conditioning outside of the class so i can progress faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
Hill sprints. Do them twice a week at first. One of the times allow yourself to recover fully between each sprint. That will build lower body explosiveness (ALL striking power originates in the lower body). The other time you do them don't allow yourself to completely recover. Do a set number of hill sprints, enough to really push you hard, and time yourself. Next week try to do the same number in less time.

As for your diet, you need to maintain a balanced diet. No crazy bodybuilding ketogenic fat loss diets. You need enough protein to support recovery, enough carbs to support your frequent training and enough fats to support hormone production and mental health, so keep it balanced and use calorie manipulation to create slow and steady weight loss.

Too many martial artists try to use resistance training to build conditioning, and end up neglecting maximal strength. Use your weight sessions to get brutally strong. I developed scary hard punching and kicking ability through building pure maximal strength and spending plenty of time on the heavy bag.

Add in steady state cardio once a week, either jogging or a cardio machine for a good 20 minutes or so.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
Along with the hill sprints that have already been suggested, I would add an oly style lift to my routine. Power cleans and snatches are great for developing explosive power.
Haven't done snatches in ages will add those to my routine.

Thanks Guys,
Keep the tips coming i will also be starting a log soon enough

Share with Facebook