View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 07:29 AM   #240
Tannhauser
Tannhauser
reads long boring books
Max Brawn
Points: 137,894, Level: 100 Points: 137,894, Level: 100 Points: 137,894, Level: 100
Activity: 18% Activity: 18% Activity: 18%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Thanks for your encouragement, gentlemen.

Wednesday

Not a bad session. I'm trying to find a hybrid routine between retaining power and retaining or building muscle. So I'm trying out all sorts of things at present. I seemed to have a lot of separation in my thighs and calves today, even though I've still got squidgy fat round my waist. Nevertheless, I achieved the elusive 6th hole on the belt, which makes me look like Marie Antoinette.

Overhead press

Not bad, not bad. Overhead press is one of those weird exercises that feels like you won't be able to do one rep with the weight selected, and it's always a bit of a surprise when the weight starts moving.

80 (176) X 5
80 (176) X 4
80 (176) X 4

Cybex shoulder press

Here the idea was to get continuous time under tension, and get this over 40 seconds. Each time I thought I'd done that, I glanced up at the clock to find the set had lasted 25 seconds

c 60 (c 132) X ?? 25 seconds
c 60 (c 132) X ?? 25 seconds

Medium-wide grip chins

Pleased with these. All from dead hang

Bodyweight X 9
Bodyweight X 7
Bodyweight X 6

Cybex chest-supported row

Again, looking for 40s continuous tension. Again, thought I'd got at least that. Again, checked with clock to find that I'd barely got to 30s.

about 70 (154) x 12 ish.

Cybex chest press

What's all this machine stuff? Well, it's so much easier to do partial movements, or take mini breaks within sets when you're training on your own. Again, going for 40 s tension (achieved 25 seconds - and that with muscles screaming for mercy)

I can't remember weight X I need to start taking a diary reps.

Db flyes

24kg (52) X 6 ish continuous tension. Two sets.

I was pumped up lie a balloon when I came out.

"The proper study of mankind is books" - Aldous Huxley
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook