View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 05:31 AM   #1013
LtL
LtL
is loving life.
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,468, Level: 100 Points: 36,468, Level: 100 Points: 36,468, Level: 100
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
My Mood: Cheerful
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Thanks guys. Here you go:

SQUATS

Stretching

Squats with straight bar
Bar x lots x 2
70kgs x 5
110kgs x 3
Add belt
150kgs x 1
170kgs x 1 Heaviest I've gone straight weight since hip injury
Add briefs
200kgs x 3
Add loose wraps
220kgs x 2
Add new suit bottoms
240kgs x 1
Tighter wraps
255kgs x 1

Was beat after this but managed:

Light band leg curls
2 x 50

Standing cable abs
2 sets of 25

Pleased with how that went. Raw squats were explosive and pain free. They felt the best they have since the injury. Still got another 2 weeks of the geared mesocycle but will do some more raw work after that. 240 was a little high so set-up to take 255 a little deeper. I stumbled as I walked back which didn't help. Managed to compose myself though and squatted it comfortably. I felt like I took it deep enough but looking at the video I'm still a little high. I'll get there.

Felt beat after the squats so did some light assistance and called it a day. Next week will go even heavier and add reverse bands to overload before trying to smash a depth PB on week 4.

Video is here:

Back in tomorrow night for reverse band bench, shirted and raw. May do some light recovery work later in the work gym as well.
LtL is online now   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook