Thread: Q&A with BBOD
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 09:29 AM   #714
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,541,050, Level: 100 Points: 1,541,050, Level: 100 Points: 1,541,050, Level: 100
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamite1114 View Post
Thank you so much for the suggested workout out. I've been trying to find the right one for so long with the equipment I have and I really appreciate it. One question though, as to reps; I understand there's no magic range of reps but a lot of articles that I've read have said that it's best to go in a low range (between 5-8) for adding mass or size. I was just wondering if you could shed some light on this common recommendation, is it true for mass or more of a myth?
In general that's a myth. With that said there are reasonable rep ranges.

It's a great rep range, but it's not magic. I recommend for compounds that most guys stick between 5-12 reps. Machine and isolation movements 8 to 15 reps. Reps can go higher.

Here's the thing...each exercise feels different. Some exercises you will find work better with 5-7 reps for you. Some you will find 10 seems perfect.

Don't ever sweat the rep range, as long as it's reasonable. The magic is progression and consistency.

People in this industry like to define everything and make generalizations. Like I said, every exercise is different. Trust your instincts and vary rep ranges per exercise (if needed) based on how they feel. As long as your progressing you'll make great gains.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook