View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 11:44 AM   #25
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,354,670, Level: 100 Points: 1,354,670, Level: 100 Points: 1,354,670, Level: 100
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

A fleshing out of the plan forward.

--Heavy days will be on the weekends, distraction free.
--Conditioning during the week only, first thing in the AM on training days.

Monday - Conditioning (PM)
Tuesday - Moderate Deads + Squats, Conditioning (AM)
Wednesday - Light Bench + Arm Work, Conditioning (AM)
Thursday - Conditioning (PM)
Friday - Conditioning (PM)
Saturday - Heavy Deads or Squats + Assistance
Sunday - Heavy Bench + Arm Work

*Might work in ab work with PM conditioning sessions over time if I feel like it.

Heavy Deads and Squats

Alternating between 2 weeks.

Week 1 - Heavy deadlift, daily max. Slightly lighter squat weight (SLIGHTLY) and probably go for a rep PR.

Week 2 - Heavy squat, daily max. Slightly lighter deadlift weight (SLIGHTLY) and probably go for a rep PR. Deadlift will be from 3" distance.

Heavy Bench

Work up to a daily max. Assistance work will be 2-3 sets of dumbbell curls and lying tricep extensions each.

Moderate Deads + Squats

70% deads for singles, alternating between sumo and conventional. Slightly lighter squat weight than daily max and probably go for a rep PR.

Light Bench + Arm Work

400-440ish bench for 8-10 singles. Assistance work will be 2-3 sets of dumbbell curls and lying tricep extensions each.

Notes

Not a dramatic change over what I have been doing. Biggest change is not training squats and deads heavy each week. The second biggest change will be forcing myself to stick to a schedule. I need to do this to help balance my life.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook