Max Brawn
Points: 5,427, Level: 47 Points: 5,427, Level: 47 Points: 5,427, Level: 47
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3.5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Amino Acids
My Mood: Inspired
Cutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master member

Wednesday 7/17/2013

Diet:
Yesterday I didn't eat as much as I have been, mostly because I fell asleep at 6:30pm.

I had a package of potato crusted cod, a large baked potato with some butter, cheese, and a bit of broccoli on top. I have not been measuring foods yet, simply just learning to cut down on it.

Once I get towards a lower weight I know I will need to do so in order for me to be precise with calorie intake. Right now simply feeling the hunger and grumbling belly is enough to prove that I'm eating less since it's something that doesn't usually happen.

Training:
Bench: 225x5, 135x8 for 3 sets. Warmups felt ok, no real pain but not really happy with how much strength I was getting. Shoulder is still hurt, but I did not feel it too bad. I think I'm going to have to get a slingshot so I can actually train bench.

It's really disappointing when I did 275x5 and 280x3 in Oregon before I got hurt and now I struggled to get 225x5. But alas I'll keep going.

BB Rows: 135x5 warmup, 185x3 for 2 sets. Wait what?? My lower back has been feeling stiff and not happy for a while now and for some reason whenever I really do a row or deadlift it's been tender.

I tried out dumbbell incline to see if shoulder would feel any better
DB Incline Bench: 40x8, 75x5 - Shoulder felt alright, doesn't feel too sturdy and it hurt a little on the last few reps on 75, nothing that is worse than bench, but something obviously isn't right.

Comments:

Today went alright other than falling asleep at 6:30. I'm going to attribute that to getting 5 hours of sleep, working out in the gym, and being outside in the heat and getting quite drenched with sweat.

I did my best re hydrating and I fought a headache and feeling like I was going to throw up for a bit, nothing horrible but just noteworthy.

Feeling good about everything, I actually took a couple pictures so I can compare later.

Successful people do what they have to do whether they feel like it or not.

Link to log

Max Gym Lifts: 495/300/605
Last Meet Lifts: 435/303/512

Passion without discipline is just a dream. - Steve Shaw

Sometimes you make your own pull by pushing forward. - Steve Shaw
Cutty is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links