View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 11:11 PM  
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,507,395, Level: 100 Points: 1,507,395, Level: 100 Points: 1,507,395, Level: 100
Activity: 69% Activity: 69% Activity: 69%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I would like to add...

I have been doing this for 27 stinking years. Not for records. Not for glory. Not for big arms. I lift because I enjoy it.

I don't do all the ridiculous crap that gets you injured. (well, I avoid it most of the time) I treat lifting like a job. I do enough so I can stay sane and function the next day, not kill myself.

Until 2008, my 3 lift totals were:

Bench - 350
Squat - 500
Deadlift - 450

It took me 22 years to get a 1300 pound 3 lift total.

I hate hearing whining or complaining. Shut up and enjoy lifting already. If you listen close the secrets are all here on MAB.

I swear if you just try to progress a little, and don't try to kill yourself each day, you'll avoid most of the stupid mistakes we've made.

For all of you intermediates who think you are stalled because you've only improved your lift by 2 reps this months, I say this with love...your head is in a dark place and you have incorrect expectations.

That is good progress for an intermediate. A stall is a stall. This is NOT a stall. It is normal progress.

Gains always slow. That does not mean anything is wrong. It's called being a human being.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 07-15-2013 at 11:30 PM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook