Max Brawn
Points: 14,536, Level: 78 Points: 14,536, Level: 78 Points: 14,536, Level: 78
Activity: 52% Activity: 52% Activity: 52%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
My Mood: Inspired
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndrwdslv View Post
If he's a good coach and your form isn't really f* up, he should just give you a few cues at first.. is what I'm thinkin'
But if you don't like the guy, I wouldn't join, unless you can channel that hatred towards the bar lol

Any way you can train with them without a commitment, in case you don't like it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrown View Post
In that case what's the problem. Just because he looks down on your form doesn't mean hes unaware of catering to peoples' specifics. You sound mighty lucky, Soldier. How muchs the coaching?
I don't think there's any money involved. The Army has tons of intramural teams. I have a buddy on the all-army basketball team and he basically spends 1-2 months a year playing basketball as his primary job. Powerlifting is, of course, not as big as basketball and therefore not as big of a time commitment (also not as well funded), but it shouldn't cost me any money to take part, and I'll be able to travel to different competitions with the team.

Share with Facebook