Max Brawn
Points: 11,775, Level: 71 Points: 11,775, Level: 71 Points: 11,775, Level: 71
Activity: 45% Activity: 45% Activity: 45%

Training Exp: On and off for 15 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
My Mood: Doubtful
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member
Default Thinking about joining a team

I trained in a gym on base that I've never been in before, and I learned that Ft. Hood actually has a powerlifting team that trains there. The coach started talking to me (to let me know that the chalk bucket I had just used belonged to the team. He didn't seem to mind that I used it though) and I asked about joining. He immediately made a horrible impression by telling me that my deadlift form was "f#cked up", then followed me to my bar and started telling me what I was doing and what I would change.

Let's just say that I don't like people telling me what to do, or to start by telling me that I'm f#cked up. I'm in the Army. I get that plenty.

BUT, I'm still interested in joining the team. There is one caveat though; they compete in the USAPL, which means all tested, all natty. In fact, when I told him that Stan Efferding used a similar technique to the one I use when he totaled 2300+ raw, he said that no man has ever totaled over 2300 raw, and implied that it was because he didn't count it if people weren't tested.

I call bullshit. The strongest men in the world use steroids, and I HATE roid bashers. It's all jealousy if you ask me.

But that being said, if I find that I like the team and believe in what they are doing, I'll go natty at least for a while. It may be worth it for the opportunity to work with other people and learn from people face to face.

I'm not sure if I'll actually join the team or not, but I was told to come out Monday if I want to join. I'm going to go and check things out and make my decision from there.

What do you guys think? I've always trained alone. I don't trust other people and I'm a bit of a know-it-all, so it may be positive for me to learn to listen to someone else, as painful as it may be.
Deadlift- 515
Total- 1325
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links