Max Brawn
Points: 9,256, Level: 64 Points: 9,256, Level: 64 Points: 9,256, Level: 64
Activity: 54% Activity: 54% Activity: 54%

Training Exp: 1.5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: DEADS
Fav Supp: Condense
My Mood: Amazed
moeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite membermoeheep is an elite member

Central Florida power Lifting Championships:

Went in feeling great on Squats and Deads. I had made great progress in the gym. Bench....not so much.

Squat opener: 259....Easy..Meet PR
Squat second: 275...Good...Meet, Gym PR
Squat third: 292...a little aggressive, but I figured I already had a PR and I was there to smash, so I said "What the hell!"

It felt light when I unracked it, said to myself "F**kin piece of cake" Went down WAY too fast, and the weight just kept going down...my behind was on my ankles.....couldn't get it out of the hole.

Lesson learned on that, work on correct decent speed.

Bench...not feeling confident at all here.
Opener: 187...good
second: 193...really grinded it out, 2 reds, one white. As I walked off, 2 judges, who were coaching teams at this meet, both told me to appeal is, as they saw nothing wrong with it. I went to the appeals table where 2 national judges were sitting. They told me it was a contiversal call, they saw nothing wrong, but since 2 judges did, they would not overturn it. what can ya do?
third : same weight, unfortubnatly with no confidence after missing it. I reached the sticking point...as got it no further.

Deads......Time to man up!! This is my money lift!!
opener: 290...EASY...meet PR
second: 308...Easy...Meet PR
A coach, who I had met at my last meet, started helping me out towards the end. He told me I needed a 325 to win..so I said "Well...I didnt come her to take second"
Third: 325....good with plenty left in the tank!! 55 lb meet PR

totals: 357.5 Kg = 788 lbs, Meet PR
78 lbs over my total last meet (3 months ago)

Biggest thing I learned:
I was warming up way too heavy:
Pete Bush, the coach who started helping me out, said he noticed I was struggling with my bench warmups, and asked, after I benched, what I warmed up with and what my opener was. I told him warm up was 176 for a double, and opened with 187, thinking if I could do that dbl in warm ups, I would have all kinds of confidence. He told me its more like I had to do my opener 2 times, and I was going too heavy in my warmups.

He set me up with warm ups weights on the deads, working up to 255 for a single. That worked out pretty well for me.

Now I wonder if I would have done better on the squat if I hadnt warmed up to a 253 dbl.

Anyway, I had a GREAT time as usual, my next meet is in December, although I am thinking about scheduling another in Sept or Oct since I am having so much fan competing in them.

Thanks to everyone who wished me well, and BIG thanks to JB, 1 cycle of BIG added 78 lbs to my total.....people ask me "Are you gonna run BIG again?"...I would be stupid not to!!

Best Meet Lifts:
Squat = 325
Bench = 210
Dead = 353
Total = 888

The iron is there during my times of happiness, sadness and anger. The iron is there available through the 4 seasons and inclement weather. The iron is there to either comfort me or motivate me. The Iron manages to show me how strong I am or how humble I need to be. The iron does not yell, but it always demands respect. The iron is not a disciplinarian, but when disrespected, I feel it for a long time. The iron does not love or hate, but we definitely share a strong bond. And no matter how far I stay away or for how long, the iron is there, waiting to be lifted.
moeheep is online now   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook