View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 08:43 PM   #9
SecondsOut
SecondsOut
posted a post in this thread. He did posting to you.
Max Brawn
Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Oxidane
My Mood: Lurking
SecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beast

it's difficult for me to consider anything other than this a proper squat:

i've read Louie Simmons's defenses of wide stance squats, and i know it's a topic that generates a lot of rage among lifters, but i have to say that i rarely ever see a powerlifter who squats well -- even though they're very strong in all the right places. i don't think I'll ever be convinced that they don't simply find that form/depth too unpleasant. i think "reluctance to squat deep" is disguised as "this form works for me" or "this form allows me to squat more pounds."

and if you think big dudes can't squat huge weights with "close stance," "high bar" form -- those terms are silly to me -- check this out:

i know this sounds like i'm sucking up, but BendtheBar is literally the first big powerlifter i've seen who seems to truly respect the proper squat. even Ed Coan seems to fold his upper body to create an illusion of depth in every competition of his i've seen. everyone talks about "parallel." it's bullshit. proper squat is all the way down. you don't even have to use the words "all the way down" because "squat" already means that.

Last edited by SecondsOut; 06-10-2013 at 08:47 PM.
SecondsOut is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook