View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 03:08 PM   #8
Tannhauser
Tannhauser
reads long boring books
Max Brawn
Points: 134,089, Level: 100 Points: 134,089, Level: 100 Points: 134,089, Level: 100
Activity: 26% Activity: 26% Activity: 26%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Lane View Post
As he himself states, disagreeing with the establishment often results in being discredited and even accused of malpractice. I would venture to guess that a more appropriate name for the "Council Against Health Fraud" could easily be renamed the "Council to Punish Doctors who Don't Tow the AMA/FDA/USDA Line."
Well, you may be right Trevor, but bear in mind that's the line that every one in his position spins. And not every guy who 'fights the system' is a visionary who is being punished for his beliefs. Some of them are incompetent, frauds, or just plain wrong.

To give you an example, there was a documentary on TV here last night about a doctor in the US offering a unique cancer treatment. He claims it works, but the bulk of the evidence is against him. Families are paying $100,000 for treatments for their kids, and there's only very limited evidence that they do anything other than give massive side effects.

He too claims he is persecuted by the establishment for speaking out. Now Dr Lundell may not be the same sort of character at all, but the point is it's standard practice to play the persecution by the authorities card.

I don't think anyone would have their license revoked for talking about different dietary practices...in my reading of the pdf I posted it seems to be directly to do with persistent lack of appropriate care of patients, resulting in at least one death.

"The proper study of mankind is books" - Aldous Huxley
Tannhauser is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook