Thread: Q&A with BBOD
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 02:41 PM   #466
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,480,873, Level: 100 Points: 1,480,873, Level: 100 Points: 1,480,873, Level: 100
Activity: 44% Activity: 44% Activity: 44%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelhund_OR View Post
No I feel pretty good deadlifting, it is seemingly just random...

I was putting together a BBQ one day, was on my knees on a hard floor stooping etc and the next day was just crippled... it is so random I have no idea anymore...
I occasionally "throw out" my back, probably in a similar manner. My main recommendation is to not overwork the deadlift. I would recommend never training it at 90%+, and if you are doing rep work pull back the overall volume listed in the program by maybe 40%.

If you do rows, move to one arm rows. These are more lower back friendly.

If you continue to experience back issues I would move away from deadlifts for a while and focus on strengthening you abs, obliques and lower back - via very moderate hyperextensions.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook