Old 05-21-2013, 01:26 AM   #7
Epinephrine
Epinephrine
is building the beast
Brawn
Points: 856, Level: 15 Points: 856, Level: 15 Points: 856, Level: 15
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My Mood: Twisted
Epinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributorEpinephrine is a consistent contributor

Good progress, brother.

Honestly, if this is working for you don't change things. Yeah squatting 3 times a week might be rough, but it's WORKING. You're obviously making good progress and the last thing you need to do is fix what isn't broken. Eat more if you're feeling burned out!

But, if you're really sick of the program changing things up a bit might be a good idea. I used to follow routines and get bored with them, so I would take a couple weeks just to lift and have fun. Take some time and just train because it's fun! Don't worry about a routine, or percentages, or whatever. Just bust your ass in the gym and get it done.

Last bit of advice, don't worry about routines. Take some time to listen to your body and how it's reacting to certain movements, rep schemes, etc. If I were you, I'd take the next couple weeks off from Starting Strength and go into the gym with an open mind. Try something new and tweek things around a bit just to see what happens. Afterwards jump back on the program and keep pushin' forward.

Hope this helps.

Share with Facebook