Six Million Dollar Man
Max Brawn
Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Posing
My Mood: Aggressive
MC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post
Depends what your goals are, and who you are as a person.

Granted, allot of the powerlifters won't be as bothered. Getting stronger is likely their main focus rather than looking super cut.
This is a grand generalization and not very true. Many bodybuilders understand that, at some point, you have to accept some fat gain in order to get big and build muscle. From the friends I have who compete, it's only after years of building and getting close to their "optimal" show size do they focus on staying "relatively lean" during their off-season. And even then, they all gain fat as a part of the process. Here, I am talking about my friends who use gear and compete. Looking super-cut is a look that if attained after you have put in lots of work to build enough muscle so that once you cut (and lose fat and some muscle), you still have enough muscle to look like you train.

Quote:
If your doing both though, lifting to be strong and to look good, then it is a pretty big deal if you start looking fat. in my opinion.
Most people who want to look ripped end up looking fat because they don't have enough muscle. The more muscle you carry, the more fat you can carry and not look fat. In my avatar, I am 240# and about 17.5-18% BF. I don't think I look fat in the slightest. Looking jacked is about how much muscle you carry, not how low your BF% is. 165 can never look jacked and ripped. Sorry.

Quote:
If you look the reverse of what you want to look like for a year, then whats the point?
Young lifters make the mistake of thinking in terms of "this summer" instead of "the rest of my life." If they spent 2-3 years just building muscle (naturals, here), then they could do one cut and have all the muscle they'd likely ever need or ever have (naturally) and not have to do these bulk-cut cycles.

1 members found this post helpful.
Share with Facebook