Thread: Ditch the whey?
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 03:30 PM  
big_swede
big_swede
Strongman
Max Brawn
Points: 32,082, Level: 100 Points: 32,082, Level: 100 Points: 32,082, Level: 100
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
My Mood: Yeehaw
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post
Just finished my last scoop of whey protein powder yesterday.

I don't really have allot of money, so buying a new 40 tub would be a pretty big set back.

Was wondering if I really need it, and if I can ditch it and just have an extra meal post workout instead.

I know there's the whole deal with the anabolic window, that suggests that because whey doesn't have to be digested, it goes straight to your muscles to repair them more efficiently as opposed to food that takes longer.

Sounds like BS to me but I just thought I'd make sure before I make the decision.

Ditch it or buy a new tub?
At your current level a pint of milk and some buns or cookies will do you more good than supplements post workout. I often drink a litre of chocomilk instead of supplements post training and It works as good as anything you buy at GNC =)

DITCH!

Share with Facebook