Thread: P-F-C Ratios
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 01:44 PM   #2
BendtheBar
BendtheBar
is getting skinny(ish)
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,545,593, Level: 100 Points: 1,545,593, Level: 100 Points: 1,545,593, Level: 100
Activity: 51% Activity: 51% Activity: 51%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
My Mood: Lurking
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

PCF ratios are pretty much useless. They can help when cutting for a bodybuilding show when you need to be ultra-specific, but for 99.99% of us they simply aren't needed.

When you are setting up an eating plan you want to make sure you are eating a minimum amount of protein. Some sources will tell you that you only "need" 150 grams per day, but in many cases it makes sense to eat more. If you need a lot of daily calories, then increase your protein intake in the name of balance.

Eat about 20-30% of your daily calories from fats, or even more if you require a lot of daily calories or have insulin sensitivity.

Carbs can fill in the caloric gaps.

I have never counted PCFs in my life and it's never held me back. If you eat sensibly, balanced and mostly whole, nutritious foods you will never need to count anything. Just make sure you are not undereating fats or protein.

Also, listen to your body. If you are eating mostly whole foods and still feeling hungry, eat.

This is my 2 cents. Some people might have differing opinions.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 04-11-2013 at 01:49 PM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook