has no status.
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,896, Level: 25 Points: 1,896, Level: 25 Points: 1,896, Level: 25
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Red meat & diet Rockstar
elijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributorelijah is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Byrd View Post
I think you have the idea down. The real progress will come with the selection of aux movements to compliment the progression.

My worry is this, much like we ran into before about heavy deads and squats in the same week. Might want to look at maybe extending the cycle out an extra 2-3 weeks and rotating the heavy squat/dead. Just playing devils advocate
This is what Grimwood does in his linear routines from Grimwood Strength Systems. He's not an advocate of heavy deads and heavy squats in the same week either. He also focused on the secondary lifts as being vital to helping the big 3 improve as well. I enjoyed solid beginner gains for a good 9 months on that program. Maybe I need to revisit it?
elijah is offline   Reply With Quote

Share with Facebook